Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ubuntu Remix

Well, I am on a roll, I might as well continue....

I am currently typing on a Dell Mini 9 running Ubuntu Remix. It is so cute and so easy to use and so controllable. I just love it. I never ever thought I'd say that, but I love a Dell. It is true. The mac community can shoot me now.

Mac is still better for graphics. Aperture kicks butt and so do programs like Coda (the IDE), but for development, especially in Python, Linux is really winning me over.

For one, I like the customization. I just customized the look of my windows and picked out exactly what I wanted. They are blackish orange with a similar color desktop. Then I edited the graphic files for the Remix Launcher so the background was see-through. It looks super cool now. :) Yeah for customization.

Another plus is that apps are programmable in Python. I need to learn to use the GTK bindings for python, but it is doable and so I could be programming my own linux apps soon. ( There are cocoa bindings for python too. I guess I need to look at those).

But anywho, I have a big laptop and a tiny one, and I like them both. :) I guess the real moral of this story is that I am a nerd!!

Horizontal Rule


1 comments:

Hank Hauffe said...

It pains my Mac heart a little but for that particular programming it does seem to serve you well... & it is small & cute.
I hope to have a even better smaller cute Mac before too long but while they dally then your cute little red one seems like a pretty nice machine. :)

Horizontal Rule
Horizontal Rule