Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 2: Goals

After writing yesterday's post (which got posted this morning), I sat down and began thinking about all of the things that I do that don't further a goal. These things are time wasters. I needed to sit down and write out some goals that my actions need to reflect. These are the goals that I came up with:

  • Real Estate: Buy 20 units by the time I graduate that makes more then $50 per unit per month.
  • Have Marion's Ledge open by August 2012.
  • Program and release the 1st prototype of Saija by this coming Thanksgiving.
  • Release the first Marion's Clover product by Jan 09.
  • Have a Virtual Assistant Client paying me $40/hr to do lead management and other related tasks by this Christmas.
  • Get my Apartment Clean and build good eating and productivity habits in the next 90 days.
Some Notes About My Goals
The two main tasks involved with learning about real estate is going through Ken McElroy's book The ABC's of Real Estate Investing and joining LifeStyles Unlimited. Both of these teach investing to rent.

I need to sit down with Marion's Ledge and create a big chart of everything that we are doing that the steps that need to be taken. Then I will know what we need to do next.

I am ready to start prototyping Saija using Filemaker.

Hank and I are going to have a mini retreat for Marion's Clover where we do many of the activities from One Minute Millionaire and other Robert Allen books. This will help us get our thoughts straight on Marion's Clover stuff.

I am going to buy a book that teaches about Virtual Assisting and then I will create a business plan, cards, and a web site so that I can start looking for a client.

I found a web site called The Fly Lady that takes you step by step through cleaning your house. I am going to go through those steps to get my apartment clean and in order. I am also checking out Peter Walsh's books on organization. When it comes to habits, I found a habit tracker on Productivity501 that I will be using to help me build good eating and productivity habits. I also used electrical tape and a very small ziplock to make a nike+ipod pouch for my shoe to track my walks.
So Far...
I took 2 30 minute walks yesterday. This is when I learned that the nike+ipod does not work with kangaroos, so I made my electrical tape pouch. I am planning to walk to Rice tomorrow to try it out. Here is my electrical tape sensor pouch. It isn't pretty but it works!



I cleaned my sink, which it the first step in the Fly Lady's site for cleaning your house. Here is a picture:


I printed out the habit tracker and some VA info.

I didn't have too much work time today since I had a Cultural Field trip this morning and swing classes tonight. So that is pretty good for just a couple hours.

Horizontal Rule


0 comments:

Horizontal Rule
Horizontal Rule