Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 1: procrastination by curiosity

I noticed something about myself today. I am addicted to learning. And, I know that that isn't a bad thing completely, but the problem arises when my curiosity makes me not do the really important things.

I have read so many productivity books in my life, but I have never really applied any of them. I am now reading about all of these ways to become rich and they all sound really great, but I don't act. Despite my love for things that are moving and shaking, I don't normally move or shake myself. I am dead.

The moments in my life when I felt most alive were times when I was accomplishing something. Be it boxing food at the food bank or putting those initial folders together when I started working towards Marion's Ledge. I was doing something. Moving something.

This summer I wanted to move stuff. I wanted to complete the Marion's Ledge biz plan and some marketing things, but so far, I haven't done any of that. Instead, I have been reading a bunch of books. Yes, they are good books, but they are pointless unless I use them. I can't keep putting things off till after that next book. I will never do anything that way. If I really am going to retire by the time I am 30, I gotta get moving!!!

So today I am stopping and looking at what I am doing. I'm not going to stop reading but I am going to start acting. I am going to re work my to do list and spend the next couple days seeing how much I can get done off it. One item I am definitely going to do is start Saija. I will never do it unless I just start and learn as I go.

No more being lazy!!! It is time to achieve my goals!! And the first step is figuring out what really is a goal and what isn't. Let the work begin!

Horizontal Rule


0 comments:

Horizontal Rule
Horizontal Rule