Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Weekend

I had a really good and productive weekend:

On Sat:
- I got up early and did an overdue GTD reveiw (which means I finished a lot of short 2 minute tasks I had been putting off).
- I had a short meeting at 1:30 about the Rice Toastmasters Club I am helping to start
- I had an Houston Ishmael Meeting at 3:00. This was my first one and it was kool to talk with like-minded people.
- I visited with Jenny after that meeting (around 6:00). We hadn't had time to talk in a long time.
- I went to the Veggie Club meeting and got a really good Indian Food dinner.

Sunday:
- I got up and read for school until around 11 when I decided to get read to go out.
- I headed over to Te House and finished all of the work that I needed to do for school that didn't involve a computer or my books.
- I went to the Melody Club for Swing Dancing for the first time in ages. It was fun. I had like a mini-private with Tena. She was nitpicky, which was good, but it is funny to see how a lot of what she said directly countered things that other teachers have told me. I think at this level a lot of the advice has to do with personal style. The lesson ended with a random comment from a newbie (heard by Aramis) saying something to the extent of "How does she move that well with her butt sticking out like that". So yeah... I have some work to do.
I spent a lot of time practicing my layout (which I can't seem to get on one side). Since then, I haven't really been able to walk that well.

So that is my weekend. All that I have left to do for school this week is reading 40 pages about Buddhism and writing 3-6 pages on the philosophy of sustainable design. I can handle that! And oh yeah! I am working at Taft now. You can catch me there tomorrow morning before noon. :-)

Horizontal Rule


0 comments:

Horizontal Rule
Horizontal Rule